Friday, February 27, 2009

Poor Porky Pig




I'm worried about Kristen. 
This is a conversation we had last week:


Kristen: Mom, I just had the most exciting day!
Me: What was so exciting about it? Did it involve free food?
Kristen: My awesome teacher brought visual aids to class.
Me: What kind of visual aids?
Kristen: A pig's heart and lungs!
Me: (silence)
Kristen: It was so cool!!!! I got to hold the heart and the lungs. 
Me: This was exciting?
Kristen: yes yes yes! It was so cool; the dead pig parts looked more "real" because they were from the butcher and they hadn't been in formaldehyde like a cadaver would be.
Me: (gagging) Why would your teacher bring pig parts?
Kristen:  So we could see how things actually work!!! We intubated the lungs and cut the heart in half!!! You could feel the arteries and vessels!!!
Me: How would you rate this with all of your other nursing school experiences in the past two years on a scale of 1-10?
Kristen: an eight or nine!!!!

This is a girl who needs to graduate and rejoin the real world. Yeah, I'm concerned...





Am I over-reacting?

2 comments:

  1. EEEWWWWW!!!!! I agree with you she needs to get out more. Well at least she didn't ask her teacher if she could take the pig parts home for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excuse me! I am not weird! You're all just jealous!

    ReplyDelete